Wednesday, 28 August 2013

What About Breakfast At Tiffanys? Malone Lodge Hotel Event

August always seems to run like the wind into Autumn.  In short, I don't know where it has gone but I have lots of things I want to post and share about.

First, is this lovely blogger event I attended on Friday past at the Malone Lodge Hotel here in Belfast.  I haven't been to many blogger events or meet ups but the idea of a pyjama party hosted in a hotel to see some of the FABB girls sounded too good to pass up!  My biggest regret was not being able to stay the night but it was lovely to see everyone, meet new people and luxuriate in the newly renovated Malone Lodge.

I have always known of the hotel as it's very close to where I live and, as a result, we always have recommended it to family and friends.  Situated on the leafy Eglantine Avenue, it is a nice alternative to the city centre while being close to everything as Belfast is not so big!  It has always had a warm, welcoming feel due in no small part to being family run, and it was that same warmth that greeted us on Friday.

Treated to cocktails, cake and a beautiful meal, we were shown the beautiful bedrooms and new function rooms of the hotel before settling in to watch Breakfast At Tiffanys with cake, popcorn and fizz aplenty, secreted away in a private function room.




 
The staff made us feel welcome and I'd such a fun, relaxing night.  I thoroughly enjoyed the food and it is the newly launched 'Knife and Fork' grill restaurant that intrigued me the most and I can't wait to revisit.   I always remembered the Malone Lodge having great food and it didn't disappoint.  I am still remembering the big wedge of carrot cake I indulged in on Friday!  The restaurant now also has a takeaway deli and will be starting afternoon teas.  One will be named the Audrey, in keeping with the Audrey Hepburn pictures around the hotel and the inspiration behind the hotel's movie choice for our blogger pyjama party.  Other afternoon teas are marketed for men and one for children which just sounds adorable!





Bloggers snapping in The Knife and Fork Grill
 
As I said, I sadly couldn't stay over and lounge in my pyjamas with the others so here is what I wore.
My beloved orange heels were my nod to it being a Friday night but the jeans and shirt were for comfort.   It was my first time wearing the shirt and I think I love it...any opinions?  It is Juicy Couture which isn't a brand I have ever been attracted to but the shade of blue, the silk, and the complete bargain price I bought it for on Brand Alley enticed me to go a little R'n'B y'all so indulge me!

 It was lashing down so it was the perfect night to cosy up indoors with a classic movie.
Shirt  -  Juicy Couture via Brand Alley    Jeans & Bag - Limited Collection, Marks and Spencer   Sandals - Oasis   Umbrella - TK Maxx

Thank you again to the staff at the Malone Lodge and a special thanks to Anna at INC Pr and Carla, the manager of the hotel. Also to my FABB companions for such an enjoyable evening of chat and cake!  If you want to have a wee nosy at the hotel or salivate over the menu like me:  http://www.malonelodge.com
xox

7 comments:

  1. Oh what an amazing looking event. And you are rocking jeans lady xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks marvellous :)) You look gorgeous, am glad you went :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigoodness it looks so great! love the brolly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me looking like Princess Fiona from the back! Haha! It was lovely to see ya x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks fab and I wish I could have been there too. Loving your outfit - gorgeous sandals! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun and I love your outfit!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a shame you couldn't stay for the pyjama party but it looks like you had a great time anyway! and as long as you got to meet some lovely people and eat lots of cake then you experienced the most important parts anyway. it looks like so much fun!

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails