Sunday, 6 June 2010

Breakfast At Tiffanys in the QFT

Done anything fun lately?

I'm still living in the memories of my birthday celebrations in April, did I mention I got Tiffany?!  I also attended a Silver Screen event at the QFT with my Mum and Sister.  I really love the QFT and this was the first Silver Screen event they tried.

They served everyone tea in vintage china and made a MASS of cakes and buns to enjoy.  They then showed vintage movie trailers (rather hilarious) followed by the one and only Breakfast at Tiffanys.  And!  We were all back home in time for tea, how lovely!  I was also going to New York the very next day, which made the film even more suiting to the occasion!
 




I love Breakfast at Tiffanys the more I see it.  I'm sure it is no surprise that I think Audrey Hepburn beautiful, stylish and impossibly elegant.  The movie is just a wonderful indulgence: early 1960s New York, Audrey in that black dress (and don't forget the trench coat and my favourite sparkly pink number!), Henry Mancini's moonriver and romantic score and the cheesy, but beautiful, kiss in the rain.  A perfect Sunday afternoon movie to shed a silent tear over...

It was a really fun afternoon and I hope they have another one soon... look at all that cake!

"I'm like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other"

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Oh, dear Audrey, how inspirational you are... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat on the bed looks very aggresive.
    /Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like, because everyone tells me how much I need to see Breakfast at Tiffany's, I keep putting off seeing it. Which is strange, because old movies and Truman Capote are usually right up my alley. Ah well. Some day.

    What a charming way to spend your birthday, though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails